Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 8th

On Tuesday, the Brimfield Antique Show began it's third and final show of the season.  This large show, made up of countless smaller shows is the largest in the States and many say (including myself : ) the largest in the world.  It's truly amazing; a one stop shop for everything unique and interesting.

All winter I look forward to the 3 shows at Brimfield - May, July and September.
The only thing that can make the shows less than amazing is the weather.  When we set up in May we had a week of sunshine.   Unfortunately, this week in September wasn't quite as nice - actually it was horrible.  Rain, rain, rain.  The number of people walking around were not nearly what they would have been had the weather been great, but there was still some amazing items for sale and the best of the best items, priced right, were selling.
Industrial was the biggest theme (again) with some items that I just had to look at and say 'how on earth could someone get that here?'  Seriously, some of the stuff is Massive!  Beyond the overwhelming number of Industrial dealers, there was some other great design, from artists creating original works to antique pieces reworked, 'real' antiques, modern items and so on.
Had I not had to drive all the way to Toronto yesterday, I could have easily filled a van full...I guess I'll have to wait to May...or maybe i'll find some stuff in Toronto or on my way home.

Click HERE for nearly 100 amazing Brimfield Pics!

Here's just a sampling...

No comments:

Post a Comment